Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Charity Knitting and Reading.

I am joining Ginny at Small Things for  her weekly Yarn Along.


The book I am reading is an excellent book, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  If you have anyone in your family who is a WW II buff it is an excellent book.  This book has to be done by Monday as I have already listed it on E-Bay.  Nothing like a little pressure.

The knitting I am doing is a premie hat.  There is a great group I belong to through Yahoo Groups, Knitting 4 children.  It is a great group of people, not that I partake is too much of the conversation, but it motivates me to knit for someone other than myself and hopefully be a blessing to whatever child can use any of the hats or blankets that are knit.  One day at lunch I was sitting knitting and a co-worker asked what I was doing, so I told her.  The next thing I knew in about 4 weeks she brought a bag with 3 blankets, then another two months passed and she had another blanket. She didn't even think about knitting or crocheting for charity before I mentioned something about the group.  She had a whole bunch of yarn at home, didn't know what to do with it, so now I have blankets to mail in.  The pattern for the hat is super simple it is a mock rib and eyelet preemie hat, looks like cables but is fake (the kind of cables I prefer).  It is a great road trip project if you are needing one in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment