Monday, January 21, 2013

Menu Monday

This is the third week I am making a menu and have discovered that we eat the same thing all the time. I realized we need a little creativity so in an effort to spice up the menu and also clean out my file of recipes I want to try every week there will be a new recipe to try. What a great way to take care of two things, boring menu and a file that definitely needs to be cleaned out.

Monday - Spaghetti (my fallback when we have too much going on) Husband has a meeting and needs to eat early, others need to eat later.   Pancakes, eggs and bacon, he didn't eat supper.

Tuesday - Chicken Stir-Fry
                 Egg rolls.

Wednesday - Herb Chicken Cutlets
                      Roasted potatoes

Thursday - Butternut Corn Chowder (new recipe)

Friday - Gone.

This week's new recipe I will post next week if I like it.

This week's recipe is the Herb Chicken cutlets.  This is a recipe I found cruising the internet and it is so good.  To change the recipe you can easily omit the alcohol.

Herb Chicken Cutlets

This is just chicken scratch from a recipe I found.

On a plate put 1/4 cup flour.  Salt and pepper chicken cutlets.  Coat in the flour and fry until crispy.

The sauce is the best.
After frying the chicken cutlets, take them out and keep them warm in the oven.

With the drippings add 3/4 cup white wine, 2 Tbsp butter and let mix.  Add parsley and one stalk of mint, both chopped fine.

Plate the chicken and drizzle the sauce over the chicken.  Sprinkle  a little chopped parsley over the dish for decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment