Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yarn Along



I love knitting, and love reading so participate in Small Things Yarn Along.  I think knowing that you are going to post something every week gives that little extra push to get with it and not waste time.

This week I have on my to do list to finish a baby bunting that I made for my grandson, who is now 2 years old.  Why do I do this?  I have a full at least 7 months to prepare, you would think I could get it together but obviously not.  As you can see there is a grand total of 6 buttons to sew on, really I can't finish this in time.  The knitting part has been done for almost 2 years.   So, that is project 1 in the knitting arena that I am working on.  Not that you can really see it in the picture but the yarn is a turquoise tweed with little flecks of yellow in it which is why the yellow buttons.  The yarn has long ago lost it's band so don't have a clue what it is.


What I am currently knitting is a sock.  I always try to keep a pair on hand for a last minute gift, which came in very handy last week for Secret Sisters at church.  My secret sister was someone I didn't know, had never met and had to have the pastor's wife point her out.  It is really hard to choose a gift for someone you don't know but usually something hand knit is enjoyed so made a gift basket of foods from our area, a kitchen dish towel and a set of hand knit socks.  I didn't make the party but everyone thought the socks were pretty cool.



Yarn:  Regia - Kaffe Fassett  The link is to his yarn but I bought mine so long ago they no longer make the color.  Is a nice soft yarn to knit with and I kind of like the stripes, a different background would take a better picture...next time.

The book I am reading real quick is Proof of Heaven.  I say real quick because I am having to use my e-reader, I prefer a book.    Book club is on Tuesday and I haven't even started it yet.  I hate when I forget what is coming up.  Anyway I hear it is a quick easy read, lets hope so.






No comments:

Post a Comment